We hauled our camper home this weekend in an effort to prepare for our maiden voyage next weekend. Moonbeam is seriously so excited. As she so sweetly declared last summer, “camping is my favourite kind of life!”
We bought our camper three summers ago after almost a year of being on the adoption wait list. We bought this particular camper because it was super affordable but also because it was exactly what we wanted for our image of a family with two kids and a big dog. We passed through that first summer without the second kid. The next summer we were on hold from the list but we were engaged in drawn out discussions about when we were going back on the list. Last summer we had to put our big dog down due to cancer and found ourselves with a new (huge) puppy, but still no second kid...
We are heading into this summer as though in daydream. We are packing up our camper for our maiden voyage not only of the summer, but as a family with two kids and a big dog. Pinch me... hard to believe that this beautiful life is mine after all this time.
This makes me smile. And I’m envious! Camping has been on my to-do list forever. Thank you for giving me something to aspire to.
ReplyDeleteI love that you are aware you have arrived at your dream and are enjoying it so. The camper sounds really fun, and I can't way to hear about your adventures!
ReplyDeleteOh, so lovely! I am scared of camping, to be honest, but a camper might convince me otherwise since it seems a bit more bear-proof... Congrats on looking on your life and seeing the beauty in its completeness and pinch-able-ness!
ReplyDeleteHow lovely! Camping is my favorite things too but let me tell you something - I haven't tried it yet. I have done a lot of road trips and that I love. Stay blessed and have fun!
ReplyDelete