Friday, 27 March 2015

Less please

This week has been insanely busy.  Monday there was something but I already can't remember.  Tuesday nights Apollo works so I fly solo that night with Moonbeam, trying to put in some work OT after she goes to bed.  Wednesday another flying solo night while Apollo fulfilled a friend obligation that night; meanwhile I watched Moonbeam and made/iced 3 dozen cupcakes for a friend's bday.  Thursday I had an adoption workshop that Aurora and I were attending together, so she came over at 5:30, we had dinner then spent a couple hours at the seminar followed by a debrief drink at my house with Apollo.  Tonight was dinner with friends.

In the midst of all this, two more adoption calls.  We said no to both - didn't require a ton of deliberation and neither of us got emotional at all.  We're getting so used to them.

But used to the calls does not mean this is a decent way to live.  The social workers don't like calling us with sad sad situations, I can tell.  They seem almost apologetic.  The thing is, there are more than 140 other families in the list...  Why us?  I saw a couple that have been waiting 2.5 years for a call...  They sounded like their parameters are similar to ours...  And they've only had three calls in all this time.  So why us?

We're trying to schedule a meeting with a social worker to sort this out in the next short while.  The sooner the better.  6 months and 6 calls... And it's all been dicey.  We need a little more stability, less up and down.

2 comments:

  1. This is pure speculation, but I think the reason you're getting these calls is because of Moonbeam and your relationship with Aurora. As sad as this is, there's an appeal towards those that have already been through the process and have shown to be doing what they say they want to do. its sad because those who are still waiting can be passed over, which positively sucks as they aren't doing anything wrong.

    Hang in there. Hoping the meeting with the social worker is helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, that sounds tough. I think Christy is right though, the reason you probably get contacted so much is because you're doing so well. You've kind of proven yourselves. Which kind of sucks because you end up being on a continual roller coaster. Hope you can get your feelings across in the meeting with the SW.xx

    ReplyDelete