Thursday, 19 February 2015

Another call

So - another call received from the agency about a baby today.  Expectant mom hasn't yet decided if she wants to parent this baby and will be induced on Saturday.  We were asked if our profile could be shown in the event she wants to make a last minute adoption plan.  I'm having a hard time getting excited, feeling attached or committing to the process...  We'll let our profile be shown, but it's so uncertain as to whether this will a) go through or b) we'll be chosen.

At the very least, I feel it's cause to feel a mix of emotions - excitement, nervousness, happiness for a new life joining the world, anxiety, uncertainty.  I don't know what my gut's saying at this point, but I'm not sure it really matters b/c if there's one thing that I've learned through the ups and down of waiting and matches and this process is that everything is unpredictable and my gut only speaks the truth at the very end where the fork in the road lies.

We are open to this but know and trust that this will work out for all of us, no matter what decision the birth parents make.

If you've got the time to light a candle or say a silent mantra for this new life and his/her mom and dad, please do so.


4 comments:

  1. Good hopes and light - for your family as well as this little new life - being sent out from our corner of the world!

    This post, all the uncertainty, confusion, hope and excitement, underline for me the similarities as much as differences between adoption and other aspects of family life. We really never know what's around the next corner, and I'm continuing to learn that while caution can help us to process difficult stuff, there's no preparing either...sometimes happy anticipation whatever the outcome is the only way to go.

    Sending happy thoughts for you guys and a big, warm hug to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending positive thoughts to baby and family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will do. Thinking of you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just catching up on blog reading. You're so brave and open. Any mother who decides not to parent would be lucky to have you parent their child.

    ReplyDelete