When I pulled out the box to place the Xmas tree balls back into, Moonbeam shrieked with delight when she realized we were filling the box with these tree jewels. She had a goofy, toothy grin for the duration of the activity and laughed giddily from time to time. It was apparent that there was absolutely no nostalgia to this almost two year old ... Just sheer delight in life's simplicity and a complete in-the-moment way of existing. I have a lot to learn from this special sweet girl.
What a beautiful moment! And I agree, though time still speeds by, having my two around reminds me to slow down.
ReplyDeleteLove this! To her, putting away was just as exciting as putting all those decorations up. I love this: "Just sheer delight in life's simplicity and a complete in-the-moment way of existing." And the phrase "tree jewels!" I'm going to call ornaments that from now on.
ReplyDeleteI would like to learn from her, too. To stop being so damn nostalgic and anxious all the time and just enjoy seeing something as simple as ornaments going back in a box. Smart girl.
ReplyDeleteWe learn a lot from our children.
ReplyDeleteKids can teach us such a lot about living in the moment, eh?
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, they are SO in the moment. Almost too much so sometimes. ;) But I think we should, as adults, take more time to really BE in the moment and enjoy the time we are experiencing.
ReplyDeleteLovely post. When we told E that we were taking down the Christmas tree, she decided that meant we were moving it downstairs for a change of scenery. Kids are awesome.
ReplyDeleteLittle E just stared at me as daddy and I took the decorations down this year. No more snowflakes and ornaments on the ceiling to look at when she has her bottle.
ReplyDeleteWouldn't it be something if we could look at the world just as these sweet little innocents do?
ReplyDeleteHi from ICLW....it really is magical to watch the world through a child's eyes. We could all take a page or two from the book of childhood, I think!
ReplyDeleteHi from ICLW! So adorable!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for the lessons that our little boy is going to teach us.
ReplyDelete