Sunday, 28 December 2014

Lucky

I never thought in a million years that #1 - I'd ever be a mom (this took over 10 years to happen) or #2 - that I'd be a mom through adoption.  It's crazy.  I look at my daughter and love her like crazy.  I look at my life and wonder what paths I took to lead me to this very spot at this very moment.  It sort of makes me cry, but it mostly makes me smile in amazement.

How lucky I am to be here now with this particular little girl to call me mama, this particular man to call me his wife.  How lucky I really am.


11 comments:

  1. What a wonderful reminder. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love this post. In a world of negativity, it is pure happiness to read something this sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely positive post. We really are lucky ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely. It's good to reflect on these things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a happy post. Gratitude isn't compulsory after IF, but it is so nice to read about it when it comes naturally.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, just beautiful. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you are in such a great place and can take the time to appreciate it. Sure the people in your life are lucky to have you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Feels so good to take a moment to give thanks for all that we have. It is so easy to focus on what's missing. Hugs! Hope 2015 brings you more love and happiness. Hugs

    ReplyDelete