Monday, 25 November 2013
Perfect Moment Monday - Morning Bottle Time
Today marks two years to the day that DH and I became homeowners, so what a perfect day to remember that it's Perfect Moment Monday!
Our every day life with Moonbeam is honestly nothing short of perfect ... she is all (more!) than we ever dreamed of when we imagined filling our little home with the pitter patter of little feet (or little hands and knees, which is where we're at right now!). We are discovering that 8.5 months is a magical time in a baby's life ... exploration is at an all-time high, giggles come easily and a mama can't help but love the clinging little hands of a sleepy babe.
Moonbeam is eating real food now. Eating and eating some more. What I have come to notice is that bottles are becoming a less regular part of our day ... even our bedtime bottle is often going by the wayside, being physically pushed away by Moonbeam's tiny little hand in favour of her bedtime stories.
There are upsides to this, for sure. Cleaning Dr. Browns bottles or mixing formula are not the funnest part of my day so having to do this less and less is appealing. Packing little snacks is easier than packing around bottles when we're out on the town. Mealtimes are easier when I only have to cook one meal instead of two, now that Moonbeam is eating what we are.
But I've noticed that with fewer bottles, cuddle time is happening less and less.
This past month, when 7 a.m. strikes, I hear little Moonbeam calling for me and I spring out of bed, looking forward to my happiest, most perfect time of day. Morning bottle time.
During morning bottle time, Moonbeam is still groggy from sleep and she rests her little head against my chest. She watches my face closely and coos softly. She squeezes the fleece on my housecoat, opening and closing her little hand. The warmth of her little body snuggled next to me melts my heart. We sit quietly and take each other in, enjoying these precious 10 minutes when all is quiet and right with the world.
And that is my month's most perfect moment ... what was your perfect moment this month?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


That's such a fun age. They all are (well, we'll see if I continue to say that after the teen years set in). Thanks for helping me to remember the magic of a pre-toddler and those cuddles.
ReplyDeleteAwww... that's so sweet! I missed my nieces' growing up from 1 to 3 years old because my husband and I were in another country, but I'm trying to make up for lost time now. I love that you nicknamed her Moonbeam, that's such a beautiful name! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute perfect moment!
ReplyDeleteMy perfect moment is around bedtime when cooper gets sleepy and nuzzles my neck. Pure bliss.
ReplyDeleteAwwww. You described this so beautifully! Our daughter is now 16 months, walking everywhere, and has been sleeping through the night (FINALLY!) for a while. But last night she was up, unable to sleep, for most of the night --- teething. While I was groggy and exhausted, I still treasured this rare chance to have her doze on me as I rocked and rocked and rocked her through the pain. Blessings to you and your little one...
ReplyDelete